"Modern Ethnicity"

I am African, Nigerian to be precise, hence my love for African print. I love the uniqueness of it and its ability to change a very casual outfit. I officially learnt to sew at the beginning of the year and I learnt from a pro; Miss Folakemi Campbell of 88~91. So naturally i kicked off my sewing with African print since i had lots of them lying around. My first African print material was a gift from the CEO of Sera Jacobs a bespoke fashion house in Abuja Nigeria; Mrs Sera Jacobs herself, and i am glad to say I have used the best of it.
As Africans, we have come a long way from the traditional or ethnic way of wearing African prints, now  we have it inc operated into our everyday wears, its become very modern.  Here are some the pieces I designed, sew and wore myself.





















With love Gg!!

Comments

  1. beautiful pieces there. Ankara rocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your outfits.. been going through your blog.loving everything

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts